Saturday, September 4, 2010

series


today

i spent the day with my mother
brunch and some shopping, a movie and some coffee
she bought me colorful ceramic mugs and hugged me
she listed to me and made me feel loved
i really needed that


little one

i miss my sister and her wit
the way we used to watch 80's movies
and eat pound cake and strawberries
cheese and crackers
we're not talking
we've been growing apart for some time
ever since we both moved away
into the city
to our separate little apartments

we are two boats
slowly floating away from one another
in the middle of a vast ocean
i hope we find our way back to each other
through the waves and the wind
the differences and the pride
i want to get close again and feel like family

alone

crying in bed and curled up
against the wet pillowcase
hot burning cheeks and sore eyelids
my bed is empty and cold
the sounds of a cool breeze rustling through leaves
reminds me that times are changing
and i know that in time
i will catch my breath, fall asleep, and feel better

No comments:

Post a Comment