Saturday, September 18, 2010

emotional unit


i tend to lean towards the dramatic

when left to my own devices

in reality

my reactions are not really based in truth

just an inclination to not communicate


i am guarded though certain in my convictions

apprehensive to express them


so emotions flash across my face

and you have to ask and wait for me to deny

any inkling of truth


and what i want is so simple


to ride bikes in the country

chase each other around the house

eventually surrendering to desire

never quite making it into bed


waking up to soy milk lattes and morning muffins

long walks to the neighborhood grocery store

cozying up on the couch with

peach cobbler and laughter


every journey is different

this one is slow and subtle

the change is constant

a fledgling commitment to be more receptive

to possibility




No comments:

Post a Comment