Thursday, September 30, 2010

heavy


do you have the courage to feel the weight of emotion on your shoulders, around your waist,
when i rest my fingers across the back of your neck, when i lean my body against yours and you walk backwards
dragging my feet against shiny wooden floors


********

my fingers are still sticky and smelling of ruby raspberry jam
the windows are open
and my apartment smells like dead leaves and autumn
this is a time of transition

just like the weather in chicago
i can't seem to make up my mind
i'm hoping it all works out

i need an outline
a new perspective
a plan of action

i need direction and support is all around me
i need a hug and a warm blanket tonight
the wind outside is changing direction
and all i can feel is the cool breeze deep in my bones

No comments:

Post a Comment