Saturday, August 28, 2010

already


surrounded by lush, green trees
candles and strangers
listening to spanish guitars
played by beautiful mexicans

i can't help it

emotions cascade through me
weighing heavy on my bare shoulders
and i'm surprised at how
i'm slowly beginning to unravel

again

sometimes i feel as if
you see me as an option
rather than the solution

every time i hold you, hug you, feel you
fall asleep on your chest, make eye contact

i take my time

making note of all details
as if it's always the last time

a series of peaks and valleys
presence and absence
you expand and contract your heart

without warning

sending surges of uncertainty and doubt
violently through me
goosebumps, a familiar feeling now

you said when you think of me
all you see are possibilities
but all you set are limits

at times i begin to tire of this
i want more of you
please let me in






No comments:

Post a Comment