Monday, July 19, 2010

running


my head's been in a cloud all day -- maybe it's the weather, maybe it's because it's monday, but i do not feel like myself. i have a headache, i never get headaches.

i want to turn off the phone, draw the curtains, slip under the covers, and sleep. the only sound i will hear is that of the air conditioner blowing it's musty cool air.

but i won't do that because i don't know how to slow down. before today, i had four free evenings this week. now, i'm booked through next week. a series of errands and work, social events and baking, jogging and movie dates, family time and bike rides.

i spread myself thin and wonder why i'm tired. i never sleep my eight hours, i just average my hours over the course of a few nights; four hours of sleep one night, eleven the next.

today i bought vitamins and fish oil at whole foods. they're supposed to energize me, so i won't feel sluggish, so i can get more done. tonight, i'll run my four and a half miles, eat dinner, and go to the movies. don't worry, i'll get my sleep in... eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment