Wednesday, June 30, 2010

you tell me


the overhead announcements

are blaring through the speakers


i sit in the train station


alone


waiting


the el map in my hand

a wrinkled mess


just like me


this should have been resolved yesterday

when you invited me to sit with you and talk


we did and it was refreshing

just to see your face


at first

i could not get my footing


but i climbed


over the walls i set up

joined you on the other side


immediately


a weight was lifted off my shoulders


we laid our cards out on the table

i was ready to make my move


you needed more time


fear and trepidation

littered across your face


patience


i gave you a day


...


you need one more


...


and another


...


patience


should i wait for the inevitable

that last minute phone call


before you ride away to the midwest


that


strained


voice


on the line


No comments:

Post a Comment